This Policy applies to visitors to our website located at www.aurachain.ch (the “Site”) inclusive of any sub-domains of the Site, our social media pages, and to all users or potential users (applicants, mentors, contributors, volunteers/staff and website users) of our services (the “Services”).
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Privacy Motto
- We are transparent about the information we hold about you.
- We will work with you to keep your information accurate and current.
- We will do our best to keep your information secure and prevent unauthorized access to it.
- We will delete information when it is no longer required to deliver our Services or when you ask us to do so and we have no legal obligation to retain such information.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the Data Controller is Aurachain. During the course of our business activities, we will process personal data about you in accordance with the GDPR.
“Personal data” means information we hold about you from which you can be or are identified. Personal data may be held in paper or electronic format or in another recorded form including photographs or video clips. It may include the following information: your name, contact details (personal and/or work details), next of kin details, sickness, health or disability information, race, religion or ethnicity, sexual orientation, criminal offences, financial background, educational background, university preferences, and expressions of opinion about you or indications of our management intentions towards you.
“Processing” means doing anything with personal data, such as accessing, disclosing, destroying, transferring, holding, amending, deleting or using the personal data.
We will comply with the six key principles in the GDPR. Your personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals (‘lawfulness, fairness and transparency’);
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes (‘purpose limitation’);
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed (‘data minimization’);
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay (‘accuracy’);
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals (‘storage limitation’);
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures (‘integrity and confidentiality’).
This policy regulates the way we manage the personal data you provide us, establishing in this regard:
- The purposes for which we collect and use your personal data;
- Processing grounds for such purposes;
- The categories of personal data we collect and process;
- Duration of processing of this data;
- Your rights as a data subject and how you can exercise them;
- Entities to which we may transfer your personal data (when applicable).
- the activities of processing the personal data you provide us, as a visitor of the Site;
- the processing of the personal data carried out by the Company, in order to carry out its activities according to those described below in section II.
The Company may update this policy at a later date, in which case it will inform the data subjects through the Site of any changes before they become applicable.
Data Collections And Uses
1. What are the categories of personal data that the Company processes?
The categories of personal data processed depend on the context of the interactions and relationships you have with the Company, respectively in relation to the interactions with the Site. Thus, the Company could process the following categories of personal data:
1.1. In case of site visitors
We use personal data collected from you when accessing the Site in order to monitor traffic and improve navigation on the Site. The legal basis on which this data processing activity is based lies in our legitimate interest in ensuring the proper functioning of the Company’s website, as well as the improvement of the site.
The categories of personal data that are processed in this context relate to the time and date of accessing the site and the IP address from which the site was accessed.
1.2. In the case of candidates for employment ( on careers.aurachain.ch or spontaneous email job application)
As part of the recruitment process, Aurachain collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants.
It applies to all job applicants who submit personal data in the form of CVs, cover letters, application forms and copies of training records/certification to Aurachain, speculatively or in response to a job advertisement.
Types of data that may be collected during the recruitment process include:
We may also collect personal data about the applicant from third parties, however, we will only seek information from third parties after obtaining the applicant’s prior written consent.
Successful applicants will have access to our Privacy Notices for Employees, workers, contractors, volunteers and interns when we are collecting or processing additional personal information about you, so that they are aware of how and why we are using such information.
Personal data to which this Privacy Notice relates will be stored in our personnel management systems and other IT systems including email.
How will we use information about our applicants?
Most commonly, we will use applicant’s personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to take steps at applicant’s request prior to entering into a contract with him/her.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation, e.g. mandatory check a successful applicant’s eligibility to work in the relevant jurisdiction before employment starts.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, e.g. processing data from job applicants to allow us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
Agreement to use personal data through the application process
By applying to any job postings by Aurachain, either directly by e-mail/careers page or through third party platforms/recruitment companies, I hereby freely give my prospective employer Aurachain consent to use and process my personal data relating to my job application.
In giving my consent:
- I understand that I can ask to see this data to check its accuracy at any time via a subject access request (SAR).
- I understand that I can ask for a copy of my personal data held about me at any time, and this request is free of charge.
- I understand that I can request that data that is no longer required to be held, can be removed from my file and destroyed.
- I understand that if I am unsuccessful with my application my data will be destroyed after 1 year.
- I understand that I have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
1.3. In the case of subscribers to the newsletter
The categories of personal data processed in this context are: email address.
1.4. In case of filling in the contact form
The categories of personal data processed in this context are: name, email address, phone number, company.
1.5. In case of account creation
The categories of personal data that can be processed in this context (academy.aurachain.ch) are: username, email address, company and password.
1.6. In case of participation in marketing campaigns
The categories of personal data that can be processed in this context (depending on the specific and in accordance with the Regulation of each marketing campaign separately) are: name, surname, e-mail, phone number, company.
2. What are the purposes and grounds of processing used by the Company?
The Company processes the personal data mentioned in section 1 above, voluntarily provided on the occasion of the relations with the Company, soliciting offers, completing the contact forms, subscribing to the Newsletter or otherwise provided by using the Website, they can be processed by the Company directly and / or through the authorized persons, for the following purposes:
2.1. In order to fulfill the legitimate interests of the Company in the context of carrying out its object of activity:
In order to ensure the proper functioning and improvement of the Company’s website – in the context of the data processing of the site visitors (see point I (1) above);
In order to improve the services, to handle the requests / complaints received from you, to personalize the services at the request of the data subject – in the context of the data processing of the visitors of the Site (see point I. (1) above);
Transmission of personalized offers, to persons and / or contact persons / representatives of the legal person who requested the offer – in the context of completing a contact form
For recruitment purposes – in the context of processing the data of candidates for employment (see point I (2) above);
The legal basis of these processing activities is the legitimate interest of the Company to handle the received requests / complaints, to recruit personnel, to improve their services, as well as the legitimate interest of the Company to exercise its legal rights.
2.2. For marketing purposes, for the transmission, by means of remote communication (for example, e-mail, telephone) and through other digital communication platforms, to serve targeted ads.
The legal basis for these processing activities is your consent. Your agreement for direct marketing activities may be withdrawn at any time. Withdrawing your consent will have effects for the future, without affecting the legality of the processing carried out before the withdrawal.
Information Sharing And Disclosure
3. How does the Company keep your personal data safe?
The Company attaches particular importance to the confidentiality and security of your personal data and understands to ensure their security by implementing the necessary measures to keep your personal data safe. For this, the Company implements appropriate technical and organizational mechanisms to ensure a level of security corresponding to the risks associated with the types of data processed and the processing operations. We regularly monitor systems to detect potential vulnerabilities and attacks. Only authorized personnel of the Company have access to your personal information.
4. Who can the Company disclose your personal data to and why?
The Company is committed to protecting your personal data. In order to fulfil the processing purposes, the Company does not disclose any data to any third party.
5. Am I required to provide personal data?
The provision of personal data may be a contractual obligation or an obligation necessary for the conclusion / execution of a contract, may be necessary in order to benefit from the services provided by the Company, to navigate the Site and to benefit from the facilities offered on it. In some cases, the refusal to provide personal data may result in the impossibility of benefiting from the services made available through the Site. For direct marketing activities, the provision of your data is voluntary.
6. What are my rights as a data subject?
As a data subject, you benefit from the following rights, according to the applicable legal provisions:
- The right to information, respectively the right to receive details about the processing activities performed by the Company, as described in this document;
- The right of access to data, respectively the right to obtain from the Company, upon request and under the conditions established by the law, confirmation of the fact that your data are processed or not by the Company, as well as details regarding the processing activities;
- The right to rectification, respectively the right to obtain the rectification and correction, without unjustified delay, from the Company of the inaccurate data, as well as the completion of incomplete data. The rectification / completion will be communicated to each recipient to whom the data was transmitted, unless this proves impossible or involves efforts disproportionate to the legitimate interest that could be harmed.
- The right to delete data (“the right to be forgotten”), insofar as the conditions stipulated by law are met – however, following the request to delete data, the Company reserves the right to anonymize this data (thus missing them of personal character) and to continue in these conditions the processing for statistical purposes;
- The right to restrict the processing to the extent that the conditions provided by law are fulfilled;
- The right to data portability, respectively (i) the right to receive personal data in a structured way, commonly used and in an easy-to-read format, and (ii) the right to have this data transmitted by Company to another data operator, insofar as the conditions provided by law are fulfilled;
- The right to the opposition, respectively the right to oppose, for good reasons, the future processing of data, unless otherwise provided by law; As regards direct marketing activities, the data subjects have the right to oppose this processing at any time;
- The right not to be subjected to an automatic individual decision, namely the right to obtain human intervention on such a decision, the right to express the view on such a decision and to challenge the decision;
- The right to withdraw your consent when processing is based on it;
- The right to address the National Supervisory Authority for the Processing of Personal Data or the competent courts, if you consider it necessary.
You can at any time exercise the rights mentioned above within the “Contact” Section.
The processing of personal data is monitored and supervised by the Data Protection Officer, having the following contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
7. Cookie modules
8. Promotional communication. Spamming.
Promotional Communications – To the extent that you have expressly consented to this or if applicable law provides this possibility, the Company will use your data for email marketing purposes, to provide you with information on actions taken in the future, to send advertising materials, information and / or promotional items by the Company, other group companies or contractual partners. The Company will always respect your options regarding how you can be contacted, including not receiving promotional messages if you notify the Company of this preference. These preferences can be transmitted at any time.
Spamming– is unsolicited emails containing advertisements or advertising material that are sent to you without your consent.
The company does not send spam emails. The Company will not use your personal data (nor e-mail address) for email marketing or various communication acts unless you have expressly consented to it.
For what period of time can the Company store your personal data?
The Company will process your personal data as much as is necessary to achieve the processing purposes mentioned above. This means that we may retain your personal data for a certain period of time even after you cease to use this website in accordance with our internal policies, as well as to comply with applicable legal obligations, including but not limited to limitation to, the provisions regarding the archiving obligation.
If you choose to apply for a job at www.aurachain.ch, as a candidate, the Company will retain your personal data as long as necessary for the recruitment process. If you are not selected for the position for which you have applied, the Company will process the data you have provided to consider you for other recruitment processes, but not more than 1 year from the date you provided data. Exceptions are the situations in which there is a legitimate ground that justifies the data retention for a period of more than 1 year, such as for the resolution of any disputes / actions in the court, etc.
If you complete the Contact Form, your personal data will be kept by the Company for as long as they are used to answer questions or to resolve certain situations or to improve our activity, respecting the legal requirements and the legislation in force, including those regarding archiving.
If you withdraw your consent for the processing of the data for marketing purposes, the Company will cease processing your personal data for this purpose, without affecting the processing carried out by the Company based on your consent before withdrawing it.
We remind you that you have the right to request that your personal data be deleted at any time.
Where can I contact if I want to contact the Company if I have other questions regarding my personal data?
You can send us a message using the “Contact” section or an email to the address email@example.com.